Old versionsSee all
StartupStar is a neat and effective application created to help you manage the startup entries that get automatically launched at the same time with your Windows boot up. By disabling the startup items that are not needed to be launched at the same time with your Windows system, or by delaying their launch time, you can considerably improve not only the speed of your computer's boot but also its overall performance level and speed.
With StartupStar, you can easily and quickly view the Windows startup items and disable, delete, delay any of them, or even add and enable new entries. It comes with a really neat and straightforward interface that can be used with ease even by complete beginners and that also provides with nice additional features like a handy built-in search function.
Another cool thing about StartupStar is the fact that it provides a handy firewall which protects your computer against applications that want to add themselves into the startup of your PC. I also like a lot about StartupStar the fact that it allows delaying the automatic execution of certain processes at Windows startup, therefore when you need to boost the Windows boot time but can’t completely delete certain items from the Windows Startup, you can use this function to achieve the same effect.
In conclusion, StartupStar is a really nice tool as it proves to be simple, lightweight, and yet powerful and reliable.
- The interface is neat, straightforward and intuitive
- Startup entries can also have their execution time delayed
- Includes a startup firewall that blocks apps from adding themselves to the Windows startup
- The interface cannot be customized
- The interface displays small, unobtrusive ads for other products of the same developer
- A bit pricey for a simple startup manager